Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Decade in Review: 2000-2003

I stole this idea from my good friend Kim. We have actually had quite an eventful decade considering that I think our lives are quite boring..........

2000


I spent most of the year on my mission in Uruguay. It was a life changing experience. I will definitely never take flushing toilets for granted. This picture is of one of my favorite Guayans. Susana is quite a lady. She made us earn her trust, and we laughed alot together.


I got home from my mission just in time for BYU fall semester. Marc had taken a semester off and so we both returned to Provo at about the same time. Hanging out as friends soon turned into a short engagement and a Christmas wedding. Best decision of his life........


2001



Marc and I quickly settled into married life, and by settled, I mean somewhat scratched and clawed. We often describe our personalities as a "back fire" aggrement. In forest fires they build small back fires to contain the other fire. Marc and I are both firey personalities, but we definitely contain each other well. We went to Italy for a month in the summer of 2001. It was a great trip.

2002



Giovanni was born in the fall of 2002. It was fun to become a mother, but I really enjoyed watching Marc become a father. Marc also graduated this year from BYU and we moved to Seattle right before our second anniversary.

2003




We moved in with Marc's parents and Marc worked while we really prayed about our future. We decided to join the Army. We stayed with his parents until all of his training was done and we would move to Monterey, California. Giovanni went from a tiny baby to a VERY active toddler. He loved to hide inside this bookcase.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, has it really been that long! I saw the picture of Susana, and it brought back a flood of memories. Yes, she was quite the character. So sad not to have been there for her baptism, but so glad that she did it! The month I spent with you in Florida was one of my fondest. So glad to have had that time to serve with you!

    ReplyDelete