Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trying to learn patience, QUICKLY!!!

Anyone who knows me, instantly knows a couple of things: I am not quiet or shy, (sorry Mom), I am too independent, and I am NOT patient. Well, this is the month that I am beginning to understand patience. Marc has been in Germany for around a month. We have been trying to have another baby for more than three years. With an Iraq deployment and two miscarriages, I was beginning to really question if we would ever have any more. Well, I thought I was pregnant. I don't just mean hoped, I mean just sort of KNEW. Then I started to spot and thought, "O WELL, guess I'm not." Then I went to the doctor for some thyroid problems and he ran a pregnancy test, POSITIVE. Well, I explained that I was already bleeding and didn't expect to keep the pregnancy. I went home and couldn't even muster the hope to pray to keep it. After two weeks of bleeding with positive pregnancy tests, I finally got into a doctor (long story that would make you HATE SOCIALIZED MEDICINE)by going to the American Air Force ER that is almost three hours away. After a LONG wait watching an ENTIRE NFL Football game, I got into the doctor and they did an ultrasound. It is absolutely AMAZING that they can see a thing the size of a raisin, with a heartbeat. They told me I was officially six weeks and one day pregnant. The raisin didn't even have arms or legs,but it had a heart beat. So I am taking it easy and trying to have faith in God's plan.

My mother-in-law, Julie, who is more like a second mom, sent me this quote:
"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His. We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable."
-- Elder Neal A. Maxwell


I realized that no matter what happens, I was not showing enough faith in Heavenly Father. So, to sum up, I am trying to be patient and just enjoy where we are now, and be worthy of whatever blessing may come next. Maybe someday I might just actually call myself a patient person, (but probably not in a quiet, ladylike voice).

4 comments:

  1. well done Dana! I am so excited for you both. That is such wonderful news. Take it easy as best you can. We are praying for you and "little raisin!" Love to you all becky & stevexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Hope all goes well. Take advantage of the chance to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a patient person, either. One of my mantras is: Patience, grasshopper. (sigh)

    Congrats on your sweet little raisin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quote -- thanks for sharing it? Is anyone truly patient? I just always think that is the last virtue any of us will ever figure out (we have to patient to get it!)

    We're praying for you and your littlest one. I hope everything is going well... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete