Saturday, September 26, 2009

the learning curve of life

So, to give you an update, all is going well. My hormones are "going up at the appropriate level" and the bleeding has stopped. I hesitate to post this for fear that the Karma police will step in and take something good away. Why is is that we think that there is some giant scale in life that has to be balanced?! We think that if we get a really big blessing, that there must be some big trial or bad thing waiting. For right now, I am just enjoying the good that seems to be coming. Marc should be home on Monday night. They tried to extend him AGAIN another three weeks, but the silver lining is that the registration on his car plates expires. He cannot stay in Germany with expired plates. I will never be more happy to pay that fee than I will this week.
I have been pondering alot about life lately. Too much time on my hands while I "took it easy." I am surprised at how much of life we miss living because we are busy being angry, offended, worried that we offended someone, or just worried that if we start to enjoy life, we will be hit with real trials. I remember on my mission, when I had only about a month left. I told my mission president that it was too bad that I was done, because I was finally starting to figure it out. He said that that is how life is. I have come to understand some of that. I wish that the lessons we learned from life could be learned before we need them. The very trial that teaches us patience is the trial that could have gone better if we were already patient. Maybe someday, the learning curve of life will make more sense to us. For now, we just need to pray and hope that we can at least pass the course.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your thoughts -- I've always felt that about being a parent. All the things you need to know to be a good mom, you only learn through being a MOM!!! I guess I'll see if the seventh child turns out better than the first. I'm so happy things are going better!

    ReplyDelete