Monday, January 12, 2009

new living room

I went into a thrift shop here the other day and saw a great black leather 3 seater couch with a matching chair that was in GREAT condition. We have had the same futon for almost the whole eight years we have been married. I made a horribly low offer on an already reduced price and the guy agreed, with delivery set for the next week. I came home and realized that I would have to rearrange the whole room to accomodate the bigger couch. I also decided to paint an old cabinet to make a new entertainment center for the new TV Marc contributed to our new room. It has two drawers for remotes and I cut a whole in the back for the wires to go through so that we could close the doors on the DVD, Wii and cable box. I think that it turned out great. So here are the pics, I will have to find a before pic. Don't tell Marc. He is out of town until the first of Feb and I thought I would see how long it takes him to notice the new living room. (By, the way, the couches, cabinet and paint still cost me less than what Marc paid for the TV, and he got a great after Christmas deal!!!)







2 comments:

  1. You are SO good at making ANYTHING look great. You're little home looks so cute. I want to come see it so badly....
    or I need you here to help me give my house a little face lift. It's about that time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... it looks just the way I knew it would, smart, clean, and classy, just like you. I have to ask though, how long does it stay like this with two power rangers in the house? :)

    ReplyDelete