Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Subway Art HOW TO

Just for you Becky...

I outlined how I wanted this project to look on a word document. I just kept trying different fonts and layouts.


I took an old piece of plywood and cut it to size and painted it the color I wanted the letters to be.


Here in England, vinyl lettering is harder to come by, and I didn't have the patience to wait to order any from the states. I bought regular sticky letters from our local car supply place. I laid them out to make sure I liked the look. The guys at the store were really nice to help me find all the letters and even suggested getting the bigger letters for DELUCA.


Then, I made lines, obviously not particularly straight, and put the letters on the board. About five coats of spray paint later, I peeled off the letters and VIOLA!! this is what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment