Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nursery ready for ... Grandma

Marc's mom is coming for a month to help us out. I am putting her in the nursery because the baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room for at least a couple months anyways. My mom has been begging for pictures of the nursery, so here they are. It is somewhat of a hodge/podge of a nursery, but we are only here for two more years, so I am not investing any money into a theme.
The dressers were originally in the boys room, but I replaced them with shelves because the boys don't do drawers very well. I painted them and then glued fun old buttons to the knobs. We are using the short one for a changing table. I found the rocking chair at a thrift store and it is the best made piece of furniture that I have ever bought. I recovered the footstool with some fabric that I found on clearance. I found the fun antique mirror at an antique fair. The alphabet quilt on the wall was made by Marc's great grandmother.





3 comments:

  1. So Darling!!! Counting the days until you live by me again and we can project together like the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana your nursery is SO adorable. I love the dresser and wardrobe, they turned out great. The footstool and mirror are gorgeous and what a lovely keepsake the quilt. It's really exciting when things like this come together - wishing you all the best this next couple of weeks. Love from a very swell beckyXx

    ReplyDelete