Thursday, December 31, 2009

Homesick.........

but I am not sure for what. Marc and I were talking yesterday and realized we are both homesick. I couldn't even admit it without tearing up. I know most people think we are brave living so far from home and family. Maybe we are, most days, but some days, you just want what is familiar. I realized this is probably why I have been so BAH-HUMBUG about the holidays. (That and Marc has to leave again for all of January on Sunday.)
As I have thought about what exactly we are homesick for, I am not quite sure. I know we miss things like Sonic size drinks, drinks with ice, drive-thrus, tasty food, well organized roads and highways, being able to call people when you want without having to worry about time zones, and countless other things that made our lives easier in the USA. I know we miss these things, but I don't think that is what we are really homesick for. I am sure it really boils down to being able to feel connected to those we love. Our friends and families. And yes, I think that ultimately, we are homesick for our connection with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
I think that at this new start time of year, I am going to try and reconnect better with those relationships that really bring peace into our lives and meaning to our days....

No comments:

Post a Comment