Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ode to Texas






































Marc doesn't agree or even understand, but I am homesick for Texas. Some of you may remember that I hated it too when we first got there. I even called it Hell Paso. But now that we are somewhere TOTALLY different, I actually miss it. The weather was great. Here it gets dark at four in the afternoon and even on sunny days, everything is wet from the rain. In El Paso we could go to the park all year round. I miss tons of stuff about America and El Paso. Mostly what I miss is friends and family. We have always had such good friends. Our best friends in El Paso are Matt and Christina Harrison and their sweet daughter Chloe. Christina and I kept each other going through 15 months of deployment. We would get together almost every week. One of our favorite things to do was to go to the El Paso Zoo. It was a pathetic zoo by most big city standards. It was perfect for three children under five. They could walk it without getting tired or cranky. We almost always stopped at the McD's around the corner with the playground to really wear them out. Then we would go home for about five minutes peace...

One of my other favorite things about El Paso was being able to drive to White Sands, New Mexico. If you ever have any reason to go... GO! It is one of the most fascinating things you will ever see. The sand, or rather gypsum, really is white and for as far as you can see. It was our last vacation before moving to England.
I am getting homesick just going through the pictures. How grateful I am to have learned to have loved such a wonderfully interesting place.

1 comment: